Wednesday, May 27, 2009

love & marriage.


there have been times in the past where my pride has attempted to mask my heart's scars in saying that i never wanted love, i never wanted to get married, i never wanted any of it, but if i can be transparent for a moment i'd dare say there is nothing i want more. i often come off as rude, or indifferent because i have the tendency to hide my emotions to prevent the public from seeing me at a vulnerable place, but my heart beats for love & romance, and i find now that it aches for love more than ever before. because i've been at the brink of it. i've seen a future full of it, and though that idea has been thwarted by the reality of the situation i still believe in it. the bible says in 1 corinthians 13 that "love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance" and that reminds me that if the love i possess parallels that verse then it must be real. it reminds me that the love that i possess never fails. so in spite of the present i know that the burden my heart carries for him is love, and if i remain faithful it will NOT fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment